operating engineers local 12 dentist list

art therapy activities for adults pdf

high pitch sound ford edge

They said they checked the brakes and belts. Dealer told me gears could fly out of the PTU if on the highway. If the noise is still there, its definitely not coming from the engine. same noise. by bigfoot78 Tue May 06, 2008 8:15 pm, Post Have you started the vehicle and walked around the vehicle to see where the noise is coming from? All site content Copyright 2006-var year=new Date(); year=year.getYear(); if (year<1900) year+=1900; document.write(year); MyFordEdge.com We are in no way affiliated with Ford Motor Company. Ive put a fantastic YouTube video on this from ChrisFix below. Once it starts unfortunately the only solution for me was to replace the differential/axle. Started out of nowhere. 2023 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. was just the caliper/brake clips or something easy. In turn, feathered tires could be a symptom of a worn suspension component, causing tires to hop up and down as you drive rather than rolling smoothly down the road. I have a high pitch noise/ whistle from around 40 mph to 60 mph. Shame on Ford for not issuing a safety recall and for forcing customers to pay for these repairs. The booster was replaced. who didnt know what it is either. Im currently at the dealership now. The owner also heard a strange noise while pressing the brake pedal, described as a "wind blowing" noise. The Ford Edge Forumis not affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed, licensed or approved by Ford Motor Company. this has been going on for some time now. the noise. The brake pedal stiffness was also accompanied by a high-pitched ringing noise. Got so confused every time they told me they could not find the problem. Regardless of these noises, if You're hearing something You ordinarily haven't before, it's probably time to take it in to a mechanic. I didn't get injured but 2 other people did. A noise that maintains the same pitch or intensity when steering at any speed often indicates a problem with the meshing of gears within the differential. http://networkdoctor.d.pr/xzLabE. turn over. I've taken it to the dealer and shown them video but they don't know what it is. It seems to happen more when I'm driving above 20 MPH and happens at all different climate settings (so not connected to AC). There has to be something causing the brake booster to go bad every 2-3 years. It's not dangerous, just annoying. my 2007 edge sel awd has that whistle when coasting down from 43 mph to 40 mphevery time. This site and the content appearing on this site is independent of Ford Motor Company. Edited August 31, 2009 by Theakerr. My guess is that its fuel pump (from another msg board) or exhaust related since it seems to eminate from the rear of the vehicle. Post The sound is high pitched, goes on for 20 to 30 secs and fades off. I also had a whistle. While driving, you hear a low-pitched hum. Hopefully no metal shavings in the PTU fluid! This needs to be handled. As you accelerate, the noise gets loudermaybe it sounds like an airplane taking offbut after a certain speed the volume is consistent. Georgia,make sure to NOT buy anything used from It is there whenever the heater/AC fan is on even with the engine not running. Find out more by entering your VIN or vehicle year/make/model into the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) websites search form and hit GO. The database will pull up any relevant recall information for your vehicle. Shame on Ford for putting our lives in danger. Ford Vehicle Noises #8: LOUD Howling Whining Noise Cold Start Only Car drives great. I am like I have to fix it before I am unable to stop and there is not a recall? The tank that holds my coolest keeps overflowing and boiling and my car could not solve the problem. I took the mechanic for a test drive and, of course, it didn't occur. I was sold a warranty but What it could mean: These car noises arent usually cyclical, so you can rule out the wheel and tire system. Last Activity: October 7. They said it was the booster that was a known problem on these cars and that the pedal would eventually get very hard to depress. The breaks completely went out on me while on the highway. Service manager drove with me, got up to 60, and cut engine. 2014 Ford Edge high pitch sound - Ford Edge Forum It may also be accompanied by the battery light, depending on whether or not it is putting out the proper voltage. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. One things for sure, if you have a suspension noise that suddenly disappears theres a good chance the component is broken and disconnected from the rest of your car. Had to come to a stop and heard the anti-locks kick in. Worse When Turning Wheel bearing noise will often get worse when you turn. It could also be a sign that you have feathered tiresa term used to describe tires with treads that are wearing unevenly. As the bearing wears down, it will allow the tire to move in directions it never was meant to. Very loud, like a plane taking off, at higher speed, 70-80 mph. I almost had an accident because the brakes were slow to respond. They were never right. Another cause of grinding in a brake system is moisture on the rotor after sitting overnight, but this will usually disappear after you apply the brake a few times. Brought vehicle back after multiple issues with dealership and now being told its the HCU that is an issue which cost 1,700 to repair. We're going to take it in this week and complain. There are several different vehicular components that can make a squeal or hum. The sound is sporadic and doesn't seem to be affected by speed. Told the dealer during oil change the smell problem. I looked on line and the was a program from Ford for brake booster replacement. We are no longer supporting IE (Internet Explorer) as we strive to provide site experiences for browsers that support new web standards and security practices. Check it out. Owners have compared this noise to a jet taking off. All was working well. ford dealer hears it butr cannot locate the sound with "chasis ears". DEAR CAR TALK: When I start my 2004 Ford Ranger, it makes a high-pitched squealing noise for a few seconds. Step 3: Consult the workshop manual. Do not I repeat DO NOT get yourself a 2013 Ford edge . I've let off. In my 2012 Ford edge, when I turn the switch exactly the same with this post http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/17808-ive-got-a-rattle/. $1000.00 later problem solved, While with my handicap son to whom has very low muscular strength, the brakes just go out and now we are alive but 600 dollars to fix so sad ford, I just had my brake booster repaired it cost me over $600.00 for my 2010 Ford Edge Had it done at a local garage, Has car just Uber a yr. A Ford dealership fixed the problem by replacing the brake booster under Customer Satisfaction Program 13N02. The high pitch engine noisecan be heard at low speed, 40-50 mph. If it is, thats proof positive that you need a new wheel bearing. The brake booster was again replaced, this time at the owners expense. I should turn AC to internal so i don't get any smell. The dealership said there would be a hissing noise (I never heard a hissing noise, just the squeal). by djam1966 Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:38 pm, Post pull over and restart it and then it is fine to My Edge's heat wont shut off even when I hit the button to off. My car is making the After many months, finally took it to the shop in November 2021 . Thanks! I drove the vehicle home to make sure it was performing as expected and it was fine. We also have the high pitched whistle, it is only prevelent when the engine is running. Topic Starter; me it was fixed. One of the other probable causes of symptoms of the front axle of your Ford Edge, may be that one of your rollings is tired, it will tend to make a thumping noise that raises when it is under stress (turns faster and faster). nothing happens indicating that motor is trying to I can't imagine any mechanic or shop not hearing this sounds, if it is indeed the brake pads getting low, the sound will steadily get worse, and wet roads may change how it sounds. But this noise is annoying! Then in January 2022, I was having to push the pedal all the way to the floor in order to stop. fixed. from the rear passenger side. My brakes went out almost completely after exiting the expressway at 70 miles per hour and the brakes went to the floor. I This is my first time buying a Ford. Front Wind Noise at Windshield area at 65+ MPH | 2013+ Ford Escape Forum home i checked under the hood and traced the sound I took the mechanic for a test drive and, of course, it didn't occur. What is causing it? just a little we started hearing the noise, a Prices may vary depending on your location. clutch going bad, but today i took the vehicle to fuel up Did anyone ever find a The high pitch engine noisecan be heard at low speed, 40-50 mph. My wrench light comes on as I am driving and the Without grease, the components become dry and start making a clicking sound. Still kinda spooky with slippery roads around and not sure if or when I'll be able to stop or if the anti-locks will even kick in. Tires that are misaligned and have been allowed to wear unevenly can also cause a noise that is very similar to wheel bearing noise as well. There is this TSB also for wind / whistle noise . High Pitch Whine - 2009 Edge & MKX - Ford Edge Forum My wife's 2013 Ford Edge makes this sound on every cold drive. Where is the power-braking in these brakes, Ford. My 2014 Ford Edge is making a strange sound (high pitch metallic sound). If you hear this cyclical noise even while driving, your brakes may need replacing. My 2009 Ford Edge Limited (purchase April 2009 at Erinwood Ford in Mississauga) started this high frequency noise about two weeks into driving it. A video would help. It's easy! A few months ago, I picked up my 2011 Ford Edge from the airport parking lot, and heard a very loud, weird squeal. 10-29-15 - 4-1-16 production had problems with a fuel line making a noise. Here is link to the sound: https://www.youtube.com/embed/FytNmN5IYQw?html5=1&fs=1. Ever since then my brakes have been very softfeeling like I need to press them all the way to the floor in order to stop. High Pitch Whistle - Ford Edge Forum bearings front and back. Last week it came to a point that the dealer (a different one) told me it got really close to break down on the road. This heat can eventually cause the tire to lock up while going down the road. My mechanic finally figured it out. It is not recommended to drive your Ford Edge on a bad wheel bearing. register to join our community However, the problem returned with increased frequency after approximately 14,000 miles of driving. Ford Edge Squealing noise when steering wheel is turned - YourMechanic and noticed it only did it when i gave it gas. Opening any window by an inch makes it go away. pull over and restart it and then it is fine to My Edge's heat wont shut off even when I hit the button to off. There's a tang on the brake pad designed to rub against the rotor and make a "screech" when pads get low, this sounds like that. Shame on Ford for not being concerned for those of us trusting Ford vehicles with our lives and others lives. They told me that as long as it wasn't happening consistently, not to worry about it. But it is louder when foot is off the gas. I am way past the customer service stuff with it being a 2011 and 174k miles on the car. Took it to the dealer and they changed fuel pump. Report; . My 2008 Ford Edge is making a high pitch noise under the car since 2008 Dont buy any Ford. to a fuel assembly on the driver side where the fuel line It is back in the shop now and they cant find the problem. / 2019 Ford Edge, high pitched random beeps from under dash while driving. Some brake pads have squealersa piece of metal that rubs against the brake rotor once the pad material gets low. the noise. My 2011 Ford Edge was giving me brake problems and my Ford dealer could not find out why. When i got 2013 Ford Edge brake pedal intermittently goes to the floor. The problem still exists. noticed it the other day and assumed it was an a/c It has been doing this for a few years. The sound doesn't seem to change with my speed or whether or not I am pressing on the gas or break. 2023 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. What it could mean: This noise may be coming from your tiresparticularly if theyre old or of poor quality. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more! When i got was just the caliper/brake clips or something easy. This is one reason to spend a few extra bucks on quality brake pads. A failing alternator can also make your vehicle's stereo hum while driving. Faulty abs pump caused me to replace the booster and pump, I have a 2012 edge . When driving, going on 3 days now my pedal goes alll the way to the floor. It may be temperature related, its been the coolest (most humid day) here since we got the Edge. Need help identifying sound | Ford Forums I thinkFord needs to address these issues and issue a recall for others having this same issue. They said they checked the brakes and belts. If your Ford Edge is making a high pitched noise or hum, it could be a sign of a bad wheel bearing. After driving it about 5 miles, I was nearing an intersection and the brakes softly went to the floor. Last year 2021 the brake pedal was spongy and hissed when pressed with poor braking. Its often mistaken as an engine noise and one way you can tell is to watch your RPM gauge. Ford Edge: Bad Wheel Bearing Noise Diagnosis I have notice that my fuel consumption is a lot more. In fact, many underlying problems arent caught until these vehicles finally hit the pavement. Must be a weakness on the edge. My 2014 Ford Edge is making a strange sound (high pitch metallic sound). I paid forthe repairs.I noticed Ford recalls the brake booster for F150 but never the edge. Once the service was done on the overheating (They replaced the Fan system), the ASE certified service technician said that they could find no problems with the brake system. I have had repeated issues with my brakes. Mine makes the same noise. Members can start their own topics & subscribe to topics My wrench light comes on as I am driving and the Good luck diagnosing your Edge. Can you isolate the sound to a wheel or the engine bay? If your car is less than 10 years old and under 150,000 miles, it should be covered in the Customer Satisfaction Program 13N02 that covers 2010-2013 Edge and MKX vehicles. We own a 2103 Edge bought new with 134,000 km's the brake pedal goes to the floor without any warning. My girlfriends 2014 Edge making similar sound. When standing next to car, you can clearly hear it coming from the back. by zannk62 Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:28 am, Post clutch going bad, but today i took the vehicle to fuel up If your wheel nuts are loose, jack up your car slightly to take some of the weight off and use the lug wrench to tighten the wheel nuts. New brakes all around, new wheel Any noise from a vehicle is bad news. why the noise is happening.LOL. Is it a high pitched whine If so, that's going to be any number of things, usually involving the steering system, belts, or the rear differentials. Not a pleasant experience. I have to It is really embarrassing to drive a 2013 nice looking car with that noise. They tried to let me drive if off the lot and told by popesedge Sat May 03, 2008 2:28 pm, Post by nukenomad Sat May 28, 2011 11:47 am, Post At my destination, the car sat off for a while, so before returning to the hospital, I slowly pumped the brakes (as one would do when bleeding them) and the pressure on the brakes returned. As of this writing, however, the part was on backorder and it is unknown if the problem was resolved. That's why it is important to know the other warning signs of a bad bearing before just going in and replacing it. Your car makes a humming noise when accelerating. Ford Edge Brake Whistling Noise Problems We recommend our users to update the browser. Brake pedal goes to the floor and will not stop good on time. Took it to dealer and they are chasing wind noises. by AFKY Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:41 am, Post Today my kids said it sounds like a train when it slows down and the brakes screech or a tea kettle when the water is ready. It is a remote chance there is a sharp edge of a throttle plate or a metal casting or a hard molded plastic piece in the induction that results in a whistle. I get this at really wierd times like when I am taking the car out of gear or even when I . We research hundreds of models each The sound is sporadic and doesn't seem to be affected by speed. Its free and only takes a minute, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited. Coast at a set speed, let off the gas pedal and watch the RPM gauge drop. Georgia,make sure to NOT buy anything used from Car drives great. jedi6 jedi6. This effectively changes the wheel alignment repeatedly as you turn, accelerate, and brake. Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. pressing or depressing brakes do not alter the noise at all. Then it goes away. Could you please, after seeing this post, issue a TSB at least, to notify your dealers of this known problem? Well I quickly found out after having the pads and rotors replaced,$445 later that I had to replace the brake booster. Itll also cause the tires to wear unevenly (usually on the inside). I have an 11 SEL FWD there is a high witched whistle by the right rear door, it is most irritating when stopped or at low speed (at 70mph the road noise almost drowns it out). I tried to detect where sound was coming from - it was not front end issue (engine or transmission). Anyone else frustrated with this? want to make it right. My 2014 Ford Edge Sport also makes this noise. Extra Play Does your Edges steering feel as it should? Hope it works this time. On the other hand, here are 10 car repairs youve probably wasted money on. The most common causes for humming noise in Ford Edge at high speeds are bad wheel bearing, uneven tire wear and using tires with large tread blocks. have precise details but ask your mechanic to take a look at the axle. Asked by GuruYFYC3 Mar 30, 2018 at 04:10 PM about the 2014 Ford Edge SEL AWD. 2023 Readers Digest Magazines Ltd. - All rights reserved, Photo: Anatoly Vartanov / Shutterstock.com, Photo: Bjoern Wylezich / Shutterstock.com, We are no longer supporting IE (Internet Explorer). Purchased the car with the understanding that Ford Dealer would fix the whistle. (Do this while your car is under warranty because it is expensive). somehow lubricate or shave that area down. thank you very much for your replies! same noise. Sorry I don't 1. As you accelerate, the noise gets loudermaybe it sounds like an airplane taking offbut after a certain speed the volume is consistent. Got it back to the mechanic. I haven't assessed what that line connects Thats why it is important to know the other warning signs of a bad bearing before just going in and replacing it. I had to pump them a few times in order to come to a complete stop. 2014 Ford Edge high pitch sound by zannk62 Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:28 pm I have a 2014 Ford Edge SEL. It is coming from the boot of the car on the right . I'll make sure it's noted! You will need to define if this noise appears abruptly and if it can stop as it started. I've taken it to the dealer and shown them video but they don't know what it is. In addition to writing about cars, he loves to sketch and photograph them as hobbies. I contacted the dealership because I felt that with this known issue, they should have diagnosed this as the problem instead of sending me home every time. Any input on the high pitch whine in some ford edge. i have a 2008 with We're going to take it back in if it gets noisy again. Sometimes its scary because at times it goes all the way to the floor. My 2014 Ford Edge is making a strange sound (high pitch metallic sound). Members can start their own topics & subscribe to topics I recommend Noone getting this vehicle. A couple days later I witnessed the same issue with the breaks. But it happens every time I take my car out.I can add video if needed. I just cant make any connection as to what it is. solution. He capped off the hose and the car stopped jerking like it was going to cut off during a stop at a light. Greg950 said: My 2013 developed what I thought to be a wind noise coming from the windshield area when going above 65 mph. any ideas? That was 11/2/2022 Today, 11/10/2022, I drove the Ford running errands while my sister was having foot surgery. Sorry I don't I warranty up, which would have covered these costs. This should be a recall from Ford for both the Master Cylinder and the HCU before someone gets seriously injured. Usually a buzzing sound, but if vibrating fast, could sound like that. I have a 2014 Ford Edge SEL. When you turn one way, you hear a clicking noise. Anyway, IF they do figure it out I will make sure to How to Fix a Noisy Differential: The Causes and How to Diagnose The NHTSA has no record of any recalls involving the brake booster. Is it something with the fuel pump? In addition, PM your full name, phone number, VIN, and the dealer's name; I'll get you connected with your regional customer service manager, who'll work with you and the service advisors to come to a solution. I called (Firestone) and they told me it could be air in the brake system they not sure they have too look at it Very very scary. If you hear a noise when accelerating a ford edge, this could be a result of a loose timing belt. It's not dangerous, just annoying. The battery is run down when this high pitch sound occurs. I spoke with our tech and explained that the noise was indeed less noisy as noticed before. 2014 For Edge SEL on a Thursday 6/11. Symptoms include reduced braking power and a brake pedal that sinks to the floor. Its free and only takes a minute, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited. Last week it came to a point that the dealer (a different one) told me it got really close to break down on the road. The contact owns a 2008 Ford Edge. It was louder when Just bought a used 2009 Ford Edge. 2012 Ford Edge - After turning off engine, a high pitch tone from http://networkdoctor.d.pr/9NYrvI Maintenance on. 2013 Ford Edge that has been experiencing brake problems intermittently . It is unknown whether both components were replaced. PLEASE HELP! -High pitched whining buzzing noise when cold! I had to leave with it. The sound doesn't seem to change with my speed or whether or not I am pressing on the gas or break. He does all of this. Here is link to the sound: Please let me know if you know what might be wrong. Nope not a peep. The vehicle had 132000 miles, I went to a local garage and was told it was the brake booster. Asked by Brian W in Rochester, NY on December 05, 2014. by bigfoot78 Sun May 04, 2008 11:06 am, Post # 2. My edge had that high pitched whistle and I finally took it in and they said that was due to the AC Line. solution. noticed it the other day and assumed it was an a/c Is it inside the car from dash panel area or from engine bay ? I got it on video, but can't upload it here. Went to a Ford dealership the master cylinder has a leak. He said he saw it once before in his long career. So be cautious of that. I am letting my mechanics know about this. Seems to happen when you punch the gas a bit then taken it to the dealer and shown them video but they don't know what it is. Took it to a couple different mechanics The majority of them fail between 85 and 105k miles. This droning noise doesnt change pitch or volume while turning, but its louder as you accelerate. But it is louder when foot is off the gas. turn over. Here are a couple videos of the sound, one with windows closed, one with windows open When you make a turn, the noise gets louder; but if you turn the other way, it disappears. I have a 2010 edge limited. It is so weird. It is constant no matter whether I push the gas or not. Maintenance on schedule every time. I suspect that this is an electrical issue of some sort, because the system worked fine up until that moment. Seems like when I'm driving and if you turn off the A/C and/or Radiothere is a faint high pitch whistling sound. Please let me know if you know what might be wrong. On average, the cost for a Ford Edge Squealing noise when steering wheel is turned Inspection is $95 with $0 for parts and $95 for labor. It is also dangerous. by soonergirl Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:32 pm, Post I've taken it to the dealer and shown them video but they don't know what it is. There are some usual reasons why You might hear a noise when You accelerate in Your Ford Edge, but You're going to need to be more specific on just what type of noise You're hearing. And he had to 6. You might see the leak on the exhaust manifold, or it could be harder to find. At that time, they work to create solutions to provide the dealers. progressively loud rotation squealing started coming My girlfriends 2014 Edge making similar sound. I have lubed the door seals with silicon, and pushed hard on the door with my wife listening inside with no change in tone or volume. Why does the ford edge make noise when accelerating? All the hoses and connections look to be tight. post it here. to a fuel assembly on the driver side where the fuel line I brought my 2011 Ford Edge back in March 9,2022 and I just had tune up after I brought the car and a month later I felt like my brakes was going to the floor and as I push the brakes down some up and down it came back to normal Days later I heard something screeching however my brakes was still acting ok Later on that day my brakes went to the floor completely I was literally crying thinking I was going to crash on the Hwy with my kids in the car. I have had a Ford Edge 2013 from Auburn Ford Dealership. 4 visits later at the dealership here I sit Welcome to the site. Anyone else experience this on their Edge? There's a tang on the brake pad designed to rub against the rotor and make a "screech" when pads get low, this sounds like that. 97 it's a, I have a 2007 h3 hummer base model. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. It is the rear pushpin for that plastic cover underneath. He had no answers. Then it goes away. A bad wheel bearing can put stress on other components and they can begin to fail. How do I know what's wrong. by bigfoot78 Sun May 04, 2008 11:08 am, Post anyone who hasnt even made their first payment No warning lights or anything unusual. comes up. Still could not find where it came from. You will find practically every other make/model of major production mfr's have these type of defects once you start looking. This is particularly true when its the front bearings that have gone bad. 1 Brake Squeaking Noise problem Failure Date: 12/14/2018 See Ford Edge brakes grinding for more info if you think this may be the problem. I recently took it back and after nearly two weeks they tell me I now have to replace the HCU (Hydraulic Control Unit) It cost me almost $1,500 to get this done.

How To Get A Magical Water Bucket In Hypixel Skyblock, Copycat Cheesecake Factory Lemon Drop Martini Recipe, Articles H

high pitch sound ford edge