operating engineers local 12 dentist list

art therapy activities for adults pdf

aeronca champ weight and balance

The airplane was operated as a Title 14 Code of Federal Regulations Part 91 personal flight. Installation Bolt Kit: Tapered crankshaft requires bolt kit UB4622-42, flanged crankshaft requires bolt kit UB4622-9. [5][7][23], The original model 7AC Champion initially sold by the thousands, peaking in 1946, as Aeronca developed the highest-volume production line in general aviation. It entered production in the United States in 1945 . NOTE 1. [30] (Other 65-hp engines by Lycoming and Franklin were also fitted. Speaking of fuel systems, the fuel selector is a simple on-off valve located on a panel adjacent to the front seat back where either occupant can reach it. Not many FBOs make this information available. 45 and 46)C.G. Weight and balance is a key factor in not only design but in the performance and stability of an aircraft under various operating conditions. Faber Preighter Newsletter. There are a few bits and pieces that may be hard to find, including windshields, retaining clips for the disc brakes, cranks for the Continental engine and parts for the oddball-but magnificent-Eisemann magnetos. Proper servicing-and good landings-are the keys to gear life. Unlike the Cubs classic piano-wire-on-a-cork fuel gauge, the Champ has a dial thats shared with that in a Model A Ford. It was a hot July morning in Florida at only 1,800 feet msl. [1][2][5][7][10][11], In addition to the Champ's large-volume production by Aeronca Aircraft, it was revived in variations by the Champion Aircraft Company in the 1950s and 1960s, and then again in further variants by Bellanca in the 1960s and 1970s, and by American Champion Aircraft in the early 2000s. [6], Prototype, 1 produced, serial number 7-BX-1, FAA aircraft registration number was N4084E but registration was canceled on 4 October 1951, no other details known. Vince Massimini Kentmorr Airpark, Maryland. But most are now worth considerably more than many modern and newer two-seaters. Its great fun. Box 37 Rochester, Wisconsin 53167 I - Model 11AC, 2 PCLM, Approved September 28, 1945 (See Section III for conversion to model 11BC) Engine Continental A-65-8 Fuel 73 minimum octane aviation gasoline Engine Limits For all operations, 2300 r.p.m. [6], In late 2007, American Champion introduced a revised version of the 7EC, featuring the Continental O-200-A engine of 100 horsepower (75kW). It is very easy to use and I find it quite helpful for adjusting gas weight when you are near max gross. The original prop was wooden and more prone to wear than a metal prop. A busy traffic pattern required the tower to limit Tague and me to two landings (both three-pointers), but they were enough to prove the new Champ continues the company's tradition of building tailwheel aircraft that are easy to land. Useful load on ours is 440 pounds. [21], Models 7AC, 7CCM, 7DC, and 7EC were approved as floatplanes, with the addition of floats and vertical stabilizer fins; the floatplane versions were designated the S7AC, S7CCM, S7DC, and S7EC, respectively. Issue Date: May 3, 1949 Subject: Weight and Balance Summary: The weight and balance forms which were issued with all Model PA-11-90 airplanes, prior to serial number 11-993, are not correct in so far as loading and C. G. limits specified are concerned. Cruise speed (mph): 100. Weighed with full oil and only undrainable fuel. Spacer/Adapter: None. [27] Fuel capacity was reduced to 18USgal (68l; 15impgal) to conserve weight; despite this measure and various others, such as the use of aluminum landing gear legs and bare birch floorboards rather than carpet, the aircraft's payload is inadequate to carry two adults and full fuel simultaneously. On page 13, he writes: "There were two Aeronca Chief planes, one with 50 hp and one with 65. I also instructed in a 7EC (1956) that had the O-200 retrofitted. The 7ACA is powered by the two-cylinder Franklin 2A engine of 60 horsepower (45 kW), a change which required a cowling redesign. [37] 100 7DC aircraft were produced. A 65 doesn't have any provision for driving an alternator. PERFORMANCE: Top speed (mph): 102. eg, pilot seat at 11.5 (mine 17), passenger at 42(mine at 44) Fuel tank at -15 (mine at-12) oil at -33 (mine at -31), baggage at 64 (mine at 66) My weight and Balance is from the A&P IA who signed off on the plane at completion of it's restoration. [6], 1950 brought the introduction of the Aeronca 7EC, which features a Continental C90-12F engine of 90 horsepower (67kW),[36] standard long-throw oleo strut main gear, thicker seat cushions, additional interior insulation for noise reduction, an improved heater and electrical system, the addition of a parking brake, and a change in center of gravity for enhanced speed. Calculations using the weight and balance documentation found in the airplane, FAA records of the pilots' weight, and an assumption of 7 gallons of fuel (based on the pilot's . S/N's 7FC-347 thru 7FC-405 eligible for 1500 lb. The nameplate must be re-stampedwith the proper model designation and the letters "CONV" added. Weight and Balance Info: Max Allowable Gross 1350 lbs Basic Empty Weight 970 lbs Useful Load 380 lbs. The tail, nose cowling, and fuselage sides are like the original Champ series, but the windows, interior, door, and windscreen are those of a modern Citabria that first appeared on the scene in 1964. [20] 396 were made. Bill. But up at altitude, coordinated stalls are essentially a non-event. 1 *  g M S S a n s S e r i f 1 *  g M S S a n s S e r i f 1 *  g M S S a n s S e r i f 1 *  g M S S a n s S e r i f 1 *  g M S S a n s S e r i f 1  gA r i a l 1  gA r i a l 1  gA r i a l 1 *  g M S S a n s S e r i f 1 *  g M S S a n s S e r i f 1 *  g M S S a n s S e r i f 1 "  g H e l v e t i c a 1 "  g H e l v e t i c a 1  gA r i a l 1  gA r i a l 1  gA r i a l 1  gA r i a l 1  gA r i a l 1  gA r i a l 1 " g H e l v e t i c a 1  gA r i a l 1 It's not a mission airplane. NOTE: 1A90/CF elliptical tip models and 1B90/CM square tip models having the same diameter and . 950 lbs. The outer shape of the fuselage is created by a combination of wooden formers and longerons, covered with fabric. [45] 25 were built. We have an auto-fuel STC and average about 4.5 GPH. The Taylorcraft had 65 hp and was a good performer. The electrical system is powered by a 60 amp alternator and a drycell, 12 volt battery. Empty weight (lbs. A more rational 13 gallons for 2.5 hours leaves about 360 pounds for people. [6], Similar to 7GC with identical gross weights for landplane and floatplane versions, but with a front seat control yoke instead of a control stick, modified fuselage structure, tricycle landing gear, and an enlarged rear seat for two occupants. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Designed with a freighter aircraft in mind to make your aircraft loading more efficient, cut costs and make maximum use of available space. DCS.aero is a comprehensive sales and marketing platform in the aviation industry. Step 2: Find Weights of Everything Loaded. Many USAF and Civil Air Patrol L-16Bs returned to the civil market as 7CCMs after their military service. For the 7AC its a one-time compliance; with other models its a recurring inspection. The cross-section of the metal fuselage truss is triangular, a design feature which can be traced all the way back to the earliest Aeronca C-2 design of the late 1920s. 0\ \ 0000\ \ 0.00\ \ 00\ \ #,##0\ \ #,###\ \ #,###.0\ \ ;\-#,###.0; 000.00 0.0\ \ #,###.0\ \ ;#\-####.0\ \ ; 0.0000 &. Bellanca ceased all production in the early 1980s. The airframe is approved for plus 5 and minus 2 Gs, but you can't do aerobatics like a loop despite the impressive numbers. CHAMP 7EC LIGHT SPORT AIRCRAFT", "SP/LSA Movement At The Crossroads: Assessing The Impact of The EAA/AOPA Joint Petition For 3rd Class Medical Certificate Exemption", "N Number Inquiry Inquiry Results, N4084E", Aircraft Specification No. Unlike the L-16A not all production went to the USAF. You can't take out the floor carpet because there isn't any. I average about 3.5gl per/hr. 4-1447-1/2 CVR Spar Inspection Kit Installed 2007 Champion "No-Bounce" Main Landing Gear 26 Gallon Fuel Capacity Weight and Balance Info: Max Allowable Gross . Most Champ owners will matter-of-factly say they own a Cub-like set of wings for far less money and have just as much fun. Oil Capacity : 4 quarts : 6 quarts : Aircraft Specification A-759 2011, pp. The second redesign seems to be holding. . This is good because clearing tall trees with 65 HP yielding 400 FPM of climb could induce some pucker factor. [1][2][3][4][24], Some of these Champ variants were acquired by the U.S. Army Air Forces (USAAF) and its successor, the U.S. Air Force (USAF), particularly for use by the U.S. Army Ground Forces and the National Guard, as replacements for the Piper L-4 variant of the Piper Cub, used as an observation and liaison aircraft. If you fly a Champ in cold weather regions, youd better dress for the occasion as the heater is essentially useless. The 7GC and 7HC may also be operated with floats but are not given a special designation in this configuration. The other four Champ models show only 150 to 200 aircraft still on the registry for each model, so chances are good that you will end up with a 7AC. Engine upgrades in 1948 and 1949 resulted in the Models 7DC and 7EC. But theres not much to the basic aircraft. 87 built. [5][7][8][10][11], To take advantage of the new light-sport aircraft (LSA) category, the Champion was returned to production in 2007,[12][13][14] but was discontinued by mid-2019. Most owners will rave about easy wheel landings but like any taildragger, you fly it to the tiedown. The Aeronca Model 7 Champion, more commonly known as the Champ, is a single-engine, two-seat, fixed conventional gear airplane. While a test version was flown, this combination was not put into production. ?_);_(@_) 0.0 hh:mm:ss #,##0.0 000 For this reason, its no surprise bargain hunters caught onto the Champs appeal. Your senses will eventually learn what the right numbers are. [6], Agricultural variant of the 7GC with identical gross weight but with a 150hp (112kW) Lycoming O-320-A2B engine. Wag Aero offers approved Cleveland hydraulic brakes. [46] 4 were built. Conventional-gear Champs feature a steerable tailwheel and most have steel tube main gear which use an oleo strut for shock absorption; one variant utilized spring steel main gear, and American Champion is using aluminum gear legs in its production model of the Champ. The original C-90 would have been better. The American Champion 7EC Champ certified under the old CAR 4 rules is re-entering the market as a light sport aircraft, and thus has a 1,320-pound gross weight limitation. [21], 773 7EC aircraft were produced during the original production run. For years, airplanes like this were a ticket to cheap ownership. Installation Weight: 23.5 lbs. Air Training Department, The Artillery School, U.S. Army, ". The wheels and hubs are subject to a recurring AD requiring an inspection for cracks. Aeronca Report 7A-A-0 - Manufacturer's Flight Test Model 7AC - Rev.D 7/11/47 Aeronca Report 7A-P-0 - Group Drawing List - Model 7A completed Dec 1, 1944 Champion Aircraft Corp. Report 7E-A-0 - Manufacturers Flight Tests Model 7EC Champion Aircraft Corp. Report 7ECA-W-1 - Weight and Balance Model 7ECA This airplane is certificated in the normal and utility categories. Introduced in 1945, the 7AC Champion ("Champ") was the first (and, by far, the most popular) version of the design. (Szego estimates more than half of those are flying.) gA r i a l 1 [8][11][26], Only a handful of 7ACAs were built between 1971 and 1972. Aeronca 7AC Champion (65 hp.) [1][23], Engine upgrades in 1947, 1948 and 1949 resulted in the Models 7BCM, 7DC and the electric-system-equipped 7EC, all distinguished from the 7AC by a larger vertical tail than predecessors, to compensate for the greater torque and p-factor of the larger engines. The military L-16B featured hydraulic brakes and the "no bounce" landing gear while civilian 7CCM models retained the hydraulic brakes but were fitted with the standard Aeronca oleo landing gear. Neither ASN nor the Flight Safety Foundation are responsible for the completeness or correctness of this information. STANDARD DATA (7EC): Seats: 2. The airplane is powered by a horizontally opposed, four cylinder, direct drive, normally aspirated, air cooled, carburetor equipped engine. Its mission is having fun." He went to Southern Aviation Services, which not only specializes in tube and fabric work, but is located at Bob White Field (X61) northwest of Orlando, where Leavitt bases his aircraft. New tires and brakes. Advertised empty weight is 890lb (400kg). Bob White Field features an exquisitely kept grass runway perfect for tailwheel airplanes. Luscombe 8 Series. For my senior project at Penn College, I chose to recover the fuselage and aid in reassembling this 1946 Aeronca Champ. Fuel quantity is read from mechanical float type gauges located in the fuel tank. Cruise speed (mph): 100. (It does, however, have a wooden propeller.). Jump forward to the new millennium, and it is now American Champion Aircraft (ACA) carrying the torch for the Aeronca/Champion line, having taking over from Bellanca in 1988. [6], Data from FAA Type Certification Data Sheet, Plane & Pilot and Montgomery[30][47][48], Aircraft of comparable role, configuration, and era. , : _("$"* #,##0.00_);_("$"* \(#,##0.00\);_("$"* "-"? PERFORMANCE: Top speed (mph): 135. Expect empty weights around 740 pounds-about as much as a big motorcycle. . This Equipment List and Weight and Balance were shared by a Tri-Champ owner (who interestingly bought his airplane to convert it to a 7EC, but then decided not to, he thus remains anonymous.) [30][32], 1971 reintroduction by Bellanca, a modernized version of the design which made it a variant of the Citabria line. These are rare birds with only 184 DCs and 124 CCMs produced. [35] An additional 5.5USgal (21l; 4.6impgal) fuel tank is used, increasing total fuel capacity to 18.5USgal (70l; 15.4impgal). The tricycle-gear Champs use the steel tube and oleo strut main gear, mating these with an oleo strut nose gear. Introduced in 1945, the 7AC was the first version of the design and used the Continental A-65-8 engine of 65 horsepower (48 kW). The National Transportation Safety Board traveled to the scene of this accident. The Aeronca Model 7 Champion, more commonly known as the Champ, is a single-engine, two-seat, fixed conventional gear airplane. Continental C85 engine. [6][34], An improved version of the L-16, the L-16B/7CCM featured a 90hp (67kW) Continental C90-8 engine, an enlarged vertical tail, hydraulic brakes, and a gross weight increase to 1,300lb (590kg); an additional gross weight increase to 1,350lb (610kg) is allowed when "Long Stroke Oleo Landing Gear" is installed and placard, "Intentional spinning prohibited when baggage carried", is installed on the instrument panel.

Shakopee Basketball Tournament 2022, 1/4 Mile Oval Track Dimensions, Alan Jinich Georgetown, Usrowing Club Nationals 2022, Articles A

aeronca champ weight and balance